Location: West Bridgford, Nottingham
Employment Type: full time
Contract Type: permanent
Salary: £10.70 Per hour
Date Posted: 28/09/2022Apply Now
I Care, You Care, We Care; New Care!
Our stunning care home The Grand Care Centre is a purpose built care home facility in West Bridgford, Nottingham. The home is registered to provide care to 82 residents who have a variety of care needs including residential, nursing and dementia residential. The Grand is rated GOOD in all domains by CQC and has a 5* EHO rating. We provide the highest standards of safety, comfort and care to residents. We are in a great location and have a very good local reputation. T New Care has had a 0 agency usage for over 2 years as we employ a permanent staff team to ensure continuity of care to residents from staff that know them and that residents know and trust. Across New Care all of our staff are paid above national living wage.
We are seeking to appoint a kind, caring and motivated Assistant Chef to join our friendly team. To work with the Head Chef and Second Chef, to ensure that a high quality of food service is provided to support residents, responsive to their needs and contributes to their overall positive experience of living in the Home. We have a 38 hour contract available with a excellent hourly rate of £10.70 per hour and some bank holiday enhancements! Shift times are 0730 – 1730 and alternate weekends off.
- Ensure that menus are presented and displayed in a way that residents can understand them and make daily choice on what they wish to eat during the day.
- Ensure that meals are provided in sufficient quantities, taking into account the diets to meet medical, ethnic and personal needs and preferences.
- Ensure all food is nutritionally balanced, attractively presented for service in a timely manner and in the correct sequence.
- Understand, follow and adhere to company HACCP, ensuring full compliance.
- Ensure that the kitchen and serving areas are clean and hygienic and maintain a high standard of infection control and adhere to the Food Standards Act 1999, and ensuring cleaning rotas are adhered to and records kept.
- Manage, allocate duties and supervise the kitchen team in the absence of the Head Chef and Chef ensuring a quality delivery of services.
- Inspire and motivate the team produce food to the expected high standards.
Skills and experience required:
- Experience of working during busy meal periods including breakfast and evening meal service.
- Experience of working in a care home or similar.
- Knowledge of specialised diets and service delivery.
- Ability to contribute and develop the four-week menu.
- Ability to complete records demonstrating adherence to legal requirements.
- Opportunities to progress through our career paths into more senior and management roles
- Bank holiday enhancements
- 5.6 weeks annual leave per annum
- Paid DBS
- Uniform provided
- Paid training
- Refer a friend referral scheme
- Excellent induction programme for new starters
- A rewarding career with lots of opportunities to progress within the company
- Ongoing support and training for nationally recognised qualifications
- A competitive rate of pay
- Cycle to work scheme
- Wellbeing programmes
- Recognition awards – employee of the month and golden tickets
- Ongoing career development
- Travel plan – walk or ride a bike and get a free meal that day
- Christmas Bonuses
- Pension Scheme
- HASTEE – access to your money as you earn (Pay Advance)
About New Care
The care philosophy of New Care aims to ensure all residents maintain the highest level of independence and achieve their full potential whatever that may be – physical, intellectual, emotional or social. We believe this philosophy can be achieved by providing professional, person- centred care, nurturing each resident individually exploring and understanding their needs. The health, well-being and happiness of our residents is always our number one priority.
New Care, as part of the McGoff group have been designing, building and operating care homes for over 10 years. Each New Care home is purpose built and expertly designed with the needs of our residents in mind. Internally the design is luxurious yet comfortable and practical.
The company ethos ‘To celebrate the wonder of people’ relates to all those who are part of the New Care family, residents, their family and friends, staff members and professional visitors. Ultimately we want residents to live their lives to the fullest and to be proud of their home and feel happy to invite their family and friends to visit.