Employment Type: Temporary
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: £10.50 Per Hour
Date Posted: 13/02/2023Apply Now
I Care, You Care, We Care; New Care!
Our stunning care home Ashlands Manor Care Centre is a purpose built care home facility in Sale, South Manchester. The home is registered to provide care to 57 residents who have a variety of care needs including residential, nursing and dementia residential. The home opened in April 2017 and is rated GOOD in all domains by CQC and has a 5* EHO rating. We provide the highest standards of safety, comfort and care to residents. We are in a great location and have a very good local reputation. New Care has had a 0 agency usage for over 2 years as we employ a permanent staff team to ensure continuity of care to residents from staff that know them and that residents know and trust. Across New Care all of our staff are paid above national living wage.
We are seeking to appoint a kind, caring and enthusiastic Kitchen Assistant to join our team. To assist with the preparation of meals for residents and external visitors. We have 0 hours BANK contract available to cover annual leave and sickness, with a competitive salary of £10.50 per hour ( as of 1st April 2023) for all staff regardless of their age! Shift times are 0800-1900 with alternate weekend working. You must be over 18 to apply for this role.
- Assist with food preparation and cooking for daily menus as directed by the Head Chef / Assistant Chef.
- Ensure that all kitchen equipment and kitchen areas are cleaned according to cleaning schedules.
- Ensure compliance at all times of Health and Safety, Food Hygiene, COSHH and HACCP requirements and legislation.
- Follow instructions from Head Chef and Chef.
- Undertake pot washing duties on a daily basis.
Skills and experience required:
- Previous experience of working in food services is desirable.
- Experience of working within a busy kitchen environment as part of a team is desirable.
- Ability to communicate effectively with other team members is essential.
- A willingness to learn is essential.
- No formal qualifications are required as we provide training & development in relation to this role.
Opportunities to progress through our career paths into more senior and management roles
- Bank holiday enhancements
- 5.6 weeks annual leave per annum
- Paid DBS
- Uniform provided
- Paid training
- Refer a friend referral scheme
- Excellent induction programme for new starters
- A rewarding career with lots of opportunities to progress within the company
- Ongoing support and training for nationally recognised qualifications
- A competitive rate of pay
- Cycle to work scheme
- Wellbeing programmes
- Recognition awards – employee of the month and golden tickets
- Ongoing career development
- Travel plan – walk or ride a bike and get a free meal that day
- Christmas Bonuses
- Pension scheme
- HASTEE – access to your money as you earn (pay advance)
About New Care
The care philosophy of New Care aims to ensure all residents maintain the highest level of independence and achieve their full potential whatever that may be – physical, intellectual, emotional or social. We believe this philosophy can be achieved by providing professional, person- centred care, nurturing each resident individually exploring and understanding their needs. The health, well-being and happiness of our residents is always our number one priority.
New Care, as part of the McGoff group have been designing, building and operating care homes for over 10 years. Each New Care home is purpose built and expertly designed with the needs of our residents in mind. Internally the design is luxurious yet comfortable and practical.
The company ethos ‘To celebrate the wonder of people’ relates to all those who are part of the New Care family, residents, their family and friends, staff members and professional visitors. Ultimately we want residents to live their lives to the fullest and to be proud of their home and feel happy to invite their family and friends to visit.