Employment Type: full time
Contract Type: permanent
Salary: £11.00 Per hour
Date Posted: 22/11/2022Apply Now
New You, New Career, New Opportunity; New Care!
Our stunning new home Bramhall Manor Care Centre, a purpose-built 71 bed care facility and is situated in the popular location of Bramhall Village, Stockport. The home meets all CQC requirements and provides the highest standards of safety, comfort and care to our residents. We invest in our homes to enhance the experience of our residents. This includes OOMPH an award winning activities and wellbeing programme. We have also introduced electronic medication administration records and electronic care planning in all of our homes. In addition, Bramhall Manor is our second home to have acoustic monitoring and silent nurse call installed. We have achieved a 5* EHO rating in October 21’. New Care has had a 0 agency usage for over 24 months as we employ a permanent staff team to ensure continuity of care to residents from staff that know them and that residents know and trust. Across New Care all of our staff are paid above national living wage.
At Bramhall Manor Care Centre we offer intermediate care in association with the NHS. Residents move to Bramhall Manor for a short period of rehabilitation following a stay in hospital. The team at Bramhall Manor work closely with the therapy team and find the work exceptionally rewarding.
We are seeking to appoint motivated and compassionate Care Assistants to join our team on days due to the ongoing success of our home! You will be working with our team to provide the best possible care to our residents and making each of their day special. Shift times are 0745-2000 with paid handover and we have full time contracts available, which are 3 days one week and 4 the following with alternate weekends off! We pay a competitive salary of £11.00 – £11.20 for all staff regardless of their age. You must be over 18 years of age to apply for this role.
- To deliver “hands on” care to residents in a person centred way.
- Support residents to enjoy a good quality of life.
- Model best practice when delivering care.
- Assist residents in all aspects of their physical, emotional and spiritual care needs in line with agreed care plans.
- Contribute to the daily records of residents.
- Contribute to effective teamwork and undertake tasks delegated to you efficiently and effectively.
- Take responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of adults that the post holder is responsible for or comes into contact with.
Skills and experience required:
- Experience at Care Assistant level in a care environment is essential.
- Care certificate of equivalent or a willingness to achieve this in the first 12 months of employment.
- Evidence of good care practice knowledge relating to the care of older people.
- Demonstrate a sound knowledge of the 6 principles of care and how they underpin the delivery of care in a residential/Nursing setting.
- Demonstrate the ability to work in a team.
- Demonstrate self-motivation and confidence.
Opportunities to progress through our career paths into more senior and management roles
- Bank holiday enhancements
- 5.6 weeks annual leave per annum
- Paid DBS
- Uniform provided
- Paid training
- Refer a friend referral scheme
- Excellent induction programme for new starters
- A rewarding career with lots of opportunities to progress within the company
- Ongoing support and training for nationally recognised qualifications
- A competitive rate of pay
- Cycle to work scheme
- Wellbeing programmes
- Recognition awards – employee of the month and golden tickets
- Ongoing career development
- Travel plan – walk or ride a bike and get a free meal that day
- Christmas Bonuses
- Pension scheme
- HASTEE – access to your money as you earn (pay advance)
About New Care
The care philosophy of New Care aims to ensure all residents maintain the highest level of independence and achieve their full potential whatever that may be – physical, intellectual, emotional or social. We believe this philosophy can be achieved by providing professional, person- centred care, nurturing each resident individually exploring and understanding their needs. The health, well-being and happiness of our residents is always our number one priority.
New Care, as part of the McGoff group have been designing, building and operating care homes for over 10 years. Each New Care home is purpose built and expertly designed with the needs of our residents in mind. Internally the design is luxurious yet comfortable and practical.
The company ethos ‘To celebrate the wonder of people’ relates to all those who are part of the New Care family, residents, their family and friends, staff members and professional visitors. Ultimately we want residents to live their lives to the fullest and to be proud of their home and feel happy to invite their family and friends to visit.