Location: West Bridgford, Nottingham
Employment Type: Full Time
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: £10.25 Per Hour
Date Posted: 16/01/2023Apply Now
New Opportunity, New Career; New Care!
Our stunning care home The Grand Care Centre is a purpose built care home facility in West Bridgford, Nottingham. The home is registered to provide care to 82 residents who have a variety of care needs including residential, nursing and dementia residential. The Grand is rated GOOD in all domains by CQC and has a 5* EHO rating. We provide the highest standards of safety, comfort and care to residents. We are in a great location and have a very good local reputation. New Care has had a 0 agency usage for over 2 years as we employ a permanent staff team to ensure continuity of care to residents from staff that know them and that residents know and trust. Across New Care all of our staff are paid above national living wage.
We are seeking to appoint kind, caring and compassionate Care Assistants to join our team! You will deliver quality of care to residents in line with agreed Care Plans. You will contribute to the efficient and effective running of the Care Home. We have part time and full time contracts available with an excellent salary of £10.25 per hour for all staff regardless of age! Shift times are 0745-2000 with paid handover! You must be 18 years or older to apply. Care Assistant experience is preferable but not essential as all mandatory training will be done by our Home Trainer.
- To deliver “hands on” care to residents in a person centred way.
- Support residents to enjoy a good quality of life.
- Model best practice when delivering care.
- Assist residents in all aspects of their physical, emotional and spiritual care needs in line with agreed care plans.
- Contribute to the daily records of residents.
- To effective teamwork and undertake tasks delegated to you efficiently and effectively.
- Take responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of adults that the post holder is responsible for or comes into contact with.
Skills and experience required:
- Experience at Care Assistant level in a care environment is preferable
- Care certificate of equivalent or a willingness to achieve this in the first 12 months of
- Evidence of good care practice knowledge relating to the care of older people
- Demonstrate a sound knowledge of the 6 principles of care and how they underpin the
- delivery of care in a residential/Nursing setting.
- Demonstrate the ability to work in a team
- Demonstrate self-motivation and confidence
Opportunities to progress through our career paths into more senior and management roles
- Bank holiday enhancements
- 5.6 weeks annual leave per annum
- Paid DBS
- Uniform provided
- Paid training
- Refer a friend referral scheme
- Excellent induction programme for new starters
- A rewarding career with lots of opportunities to progress within the company
- Ongoing support and training for nationally recognised qualifications
- A competitive rate of pay
- Cycle to work scheme
- Wellbeing programmes
- Recognition awards – employee of the month and golden tickets
- Ongoing career development
- Travel plan – walk or ride a bike and get a free meal that day
- Christmas Bonuses
- Pension Scheme
- HASTEE – access to your money as you earn (Pay Advance)
About New Care
The care philosophy of New Care aims to ensure all residents maintain the highest level of independence and achieve their full potential whatever that may be – physical, intellectual, emotional or social. We believe this philosophy can be achieved by providing professional, person- centred care, nurturing each resident individually exploring and understanding their needs. The health, well-being and happiness of our residents is always our number one priority.
New Care, as part of the McGoff group have been designing, building and operating care homes for over 10 years. Each New Care home is purpose built and expertly designed with the needs of our residents in mind. Internally the design is luxurious yet comfortable and practical.
The company ethos ‘To celebrate the wonder of people’ relates to all those who are part of the New Care family, residents, their family and friends, staff members and professional visitors. Ultimately we want residents to live their lives to the fullest and to be proud of their home and feel happy to invite their family and friends to visit.