Employment Type: full time
Contract Type: permanent
Salary: £26500 Per year
Date Posted: 08/11/2022Apply Now
New Home, New Team, New Opportunity; New Care!
Our stunning new home Grappenhall Manor Care Centre is a purpose-built 70 bed care facility and is situated in Warrington, Cheshire. The home which is due to open around May ‘23 will provide the highest standards of safety, comfort and care to residents who have a variety of care needs. We offer residential, nursing and dementia care. We invest in the latest technology, and offer a purposeful programme of daily activity and gentle exercise to enhance the experience, care and wellbeing of our residents. All team members are hand selected for their warmth and passion, they have a full induction and ongoing training from our in house trainers in conjunction with the New Care Academy. New Care has had no agency staff use for over 2 years as we employ a permanent staff team to ensure continuity of care to residents from staff that know them and that residents know and trust. Across New Care all of our staff are paid above national living wage.
We are seeking to appoint an experienced and motivated Care Home Administrator to join our team. Experience as a Home Administrator in a care home is essential to apply for this role. As the Home Administrator you will report directly into the Home Manager and will work closely with other heads of departments in order to provide a comprehensive admin service to support the business and clinical activity of the care home. We are offering an excellent salary of £26,500.00 per annum. The working hours are Monday to Friday 0900-1700 and this is a full time contract!
February start date.
- Manage the provision of effective and efficient reception services.
- Respond positively to all enquiries from prospective residents and assist with any queries they may have.
- Coordinate admissions with the Home Manager or Deputy Home Manager.
- Ensure the Resident contract is presented to the Resident or their representative prior to admission and are completed and signed on day one of admission.
- Collect initial payment and arrange Direct Debits for ongoing payments.
- Maintain administration systems relating to residents.
- Maintain a day-to-day account of the petty cash and present weekly reconciliations to the Home Manager.
- Liaise with appropriate departments regarding payroll, procurement, finance, and HR.
- Manage day-to-day payroll and queries.
- Complete payroll returns, ensuring they are correct, authorised appropriately and presented within agreed deadlines.
- Produce all contract amendments, contracts of employment and HR letters in line with agreed HR process.
- Cover reception duties in the absence of the receptionist.
Skills and experience required:
- Previous experience as a care home administrator essential.
- A welcoming and approachable persona.
- Confident in liaising with other members of staff and residents.
- Good time management skills.
- Able to work alone as well as part of a team to achieve the best result.
Opportunities to progress through our career paths into more senior and management roles
- Bank holiday and overtime enhancements
- 5.6 weeks annual leave per annum
- Paid DBS
- Uniform provided
- Paid training
- Refer a friend referral scheme
- Excellent induction programme for new starters
- A rewarding career with lots of opportunities to progress within the company
- Ongoing support and training for nationally recognised qualifications
- A competitive rate of pay
- Cycle to work scheme
- Wellbeing programmes
- Recognition awards – employee of the month and golden tickets
- Ongoing career development
- Travel plan – walk or ride a bike and get a free meal that day
- Christmas Bonuses
- Pension scheme
- HASTEE – access to your money as you earn (pay advance)
About New Care
The care philosophy of New Care aims to ensure all residents maintain the highest level of independence and achieve their full potential whatever that may be – physical, intellectual, emotional or social. We believe this philosophy can be achieved by providing professional, person- centred care, nurturing each resident individually exploring and understanding their needs. The health, well-being and happiness of our residents is always our number one priority.
New Care, as part of the McGoff group have been designing, building and operating care homes for over 10 years. Each New Care home is purpose built and expertly designed with the needs of our residents in mind. Internally the design is luxurious yet comfortable and practical.
The company ethos ‘To celebrate the wonder of people’ relates to all those who are part of the New Care family, residents, their family and friends, staff members and professional visitors. Ultimately we want residents to live their lives to the fullest and to be proud of their home and feel happy to invite their family and friends to visit.