Employment Type: full time
Contract Type: permanent
Salary: £50000 Per year
Date Posted: 11/11/2022Apply Now
New Home, New Team, New Opportunity; New Care!
Our stunning new home Grappenhall Manor Care Centre is a purpose-built 70 bed care facility and is situated in Warrington, Cheshire. The home which is due to open around May ‘23 will provide the highest standards of safety, comfort and care to residents who have a variety of care needs. We offer residential, nursing and dementia care. We invest in the latest technology, and offer a purposeful programme of daily activity and gentle exercise to enhance the experience, care and wellbeing of our residents. All team members are hand selected for their warmth and passion, they have a full induction and ongoing training from our in house trainers in conjunction with the New Care Academy. New Care has had no agency staff use for over 2 years as we employ a permanent staff team to ensure continuity of care to residents from staff that know them and that residents know and trust. Across New Care all of our staff are paid above national living wage.
We are seeking to appoint a compassionate, motivated and experienced Deputy Home Manager to join our team. You will be responsible and accountable for the management of the clinical area in the home ensuring the timely provision of care by ensuring that effective supervision, assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of care is carried out to a high standard. We have a full time contract available with a competitive salary of £50k Per Annum! Shift times are 0900-1700, 5 days per week. As the Deputy Home Manager you will be expected to cover sickness and annual leave as and when required.
- Support the Home Manager to ensure the delivery of business performance and quality targets for the Care Home.
- Provide support, management and leadership to the Care Home staff.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensure high standards of residents care at all times challenging and ensuring that poor practice does not occur.
- Contribute to the management of the safety, quality and financial aspects of the Care Home.
- Promote the Care Home in the wider community both locally and nationally.
- Take responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of adults that the post holder is responsible for or comes into contact with.
Skills and experience required:
- 1st Level Nurse – RGN
- Broad experience of managing people, service and quality to achieve performance targets
- Background in the Health and Social Care Sector – Care Home Deputy / Clinical Lead experience is preferable
- Excellent time management and organisational skills, and ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to communicate effectively and build lasting relationships
- Proficient computer skills in word, excel and in house systems
Opportunities to progress through our career paths into more senior and management roles
- Bank holiday enhancements
- 5.6 weeks annual leave per annum
- Paid DBS
- Uniform provided
- Paid training
- Refer a friend referral scheme
- Excellent induction programme for new starters
- A rewarding career with lots of opportunities to progress within the company
- Ongoing support and training for nationally recognised qualifications
- A competitive rate of pay
- Cycle to work scheme
- Wellbeing programmes
- Recognition awards – employee of the month and golden tickets
- Ongoing career development
- Travel plan – walk or ride a bike and get a free meal that day
- Christmas Bonuses
- Pension Scheme
- HASTEE – access to your money as you earn (pay advance)
About New Care
The care philosophy of New Care aims to ensure all residents maintain the highest level of independence and achieve their full potential whatever that may be – physical, intellectual, emotional or social. We believe this philosophy can be achieved by providing professional, person- centred care, nurturing each resident individually exploring and understanding their needs. The health, well-being and happiness of our residents is always our number one priority.
New Care, as part of the McGoff group have been designing, building and operating care homes for over 10 years. Each New Care home is purpose built and expertly designed with the needs of our residents in mind. Internally the design is luxurious yet comfortable and practical.
The company ethos ‘To celebrate the wonder of people’ relates to all those who are part of the New Care family, residents, their family and friends, staff members and professional visitors. Ultimately we want residents to live their lives to the fullest and to be proud of their home and feel happy to invite their family and friends to visit.