Employment Type: Full Time
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: £11.75 Per Hour
Date Posted: 22/02/2024Apply Now
New Career, New You, New Opportunity; New Care!
Our stunning new home Statham Manor Care Centre is a purpose-built care facility situated in the picturesque village of Lymm in the heart of Cheshire. The home is registered to provide care to 63 residents who have a variety of care needs including residential and nursing care. The home provides the highest standards of safety, comfort and care to residents who have a variety of care needs. The home reflects the New Care vision of providing the highest standards of safety, comfort and care. We invest in the latest technology, and offer a purposeful programme of daily activity and gentle exercise to enhance the experience, care and wellbeing of our residents. All team members are hand selected for their warmth and passion, they have a full induction and ongoing training from our in house trainers in conjunction with the New Care Academy. The home is rated GOOD in all domains by CQC. New Care has had no agency staff use for over 3 years as we employ a permanent staff team to ensure continuity of care to residents from staff that know them and that residents know and trust. Across New Care all of our staff are paid above national living wage.
We are seeking to appoint a caring, motivated and experienced Head Housekeeper to join our team. To oversee and ensure that the standard of cleanliness and hygiene within the Home is maintained to the highest level and within the New Care specification. We have a 40 hours contract available with an excellent hourly rate of £11.75! Shift times are 0800-1630, with alternate weekend working.
- To contribute to the achievement of the Home’s standards for Housekeeping.
- To undertake general cleaning tasks.
- Manage, allocate duties and supervise the housekeeping team ensuring a quality delivery of service for the duration of each shift.
- Promote best practice throughout the team.
- Complete all orders in line with company policy.
- Complete a full deep clean schedule.
- Ensure the working environment is free from hazards and be aware of the risks when using the equipment.
- Take responsible for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of adults that the post holder is responsible for or comes into contact with.
Skills and experience required:
- Background in commercial cleaning in a hotel, care or hospital environment.
- Experience in managing a team of housekeepers.
- Excellent communication and organisation skills.
- Experience of Auditing and stock control and legislation e.g. COSHH.
Opportunities to progress through our career paths into more senior and management roles
- Bank holiday and overtime enhancements
- 5.6 weeks annual leave per annum
- Paid DBS
- Uniform provided
- Paid training
- Refer a friend referral scheme, for the following roles only – Registered Nurse, Team Leader / Senior Care Assistant and Care Assistant
- Excellent induction programme for new starters
- A rewarding career with lots of opportunities to progress within the company
- Ongoing support and training for nationally recognised qualifications
- A competitive rate of pay
- Cycle to work scheme
- Wellbeing programmes
- Recognition awards – employee of the month and golden tickets
- Ongoing career development
- Travel plan – walk or ride a bike and get a free meal that day
- Christmas Bonuses
- Pension scheme
- HASTEE – access to your money as you earn (pay advance)
About New Care
The care philosophy of New Care aims to ensure all residents maintain the highest level of independence and achieve their full potential whatever that may be – physical, intellectual, emotional or social. We believe this philosophy can be achieved by providing professional, person- centred care, nurturing each resident individually exploring and understanding their needs. The health, well-being and happiness of our residents is always our number one priority.
New Care, as part of the McGoff group have been designing, building and operating care homes for over 10 years. Each New Care home is purpose built and expertly designed with the needs of our residents in mind. Internally the design is luxurious yet comfortable and practical.
The company ethos ‘To celebrate the wonder of people’ relates to all those who are part of the New Care family, residents, their family and friends, staff members and professional visitors. Ultimately we want residents to live their lives to the fullest and to be proud of their home and feel happy to invite their family and friends to visit.