Employment Type: full time
Contract Type: permanent
Salary: £12.5 Per hour
Date Posted: 19/10/2022Apply Now
I Care, You Care, We Care; New Care!
Our stunning care home Ashlands Manor Care Centre is a purpose built care home facility in Sale, South Manchester. The home is registered to provide care to 57 residents who have a variety of care needs including residential, nursing and dementia residential. The home opened in April 2017 and is rated GOOD in all domains by CQC and has a 5* EHO rating. We provide the highest standards of safety, comfort and care to residents. We are in a great location and have a very good local reputation. New Care has had a 0 agency usage for over 2 years as we employ a permanent staff team to ensure continuity of care to residents from staff that know them and that residents know and trust. Across New Care all of our staff are paid above national living wage.
We are currently seeking experienced Head of Dementia to oversee our Dementia Community and Team Leaders and report directly to our Home Manager and Deputy Manager. We currently have available a full time contract on days but the post holder may be required to cover absence, and complete night audit visits. You will support the Home Manager and Deputy Home Manager in providing leadership to the care team and effective 24-hour management of the home within the available resources. We have a full time contract available with a competitive hourly rate of £13.50! Shift times are 0745-2000 with alternate weekend working. You must have NVQ3 or above in Health and Social Care and medication management and administration experience to apply for this role.
- Responsible for the overall management of the Community.
- Responsible for the quality of care assessment, care planning, implementation and evaluation and associated care staff training issues to ensure that at all times residents in the Community receive an excellent standard of care.
- Coordinate the activities of all care and nursing staff during the shift on the Community.
- Dispense medication as per Medication Policy.
- Build relationships with external professionals including liaising with the relevant health and social care professionals during each shift as necessary.
- Liaise with relatives and residents during each shift as necessary.
- Deal with emergency situations in relation to the building, residents, staff or other services within the Home as they arise during each shift.
- Ensure the safety of the building during each shift.
- Provision of quality “hands on” care to residents in a person centred manner.
- Ensure that changes in need are observed and reported.
- Ensure that care is delivered in line with best practice.
- Participate in the ongoing assessment, planning and evaluation of residents.
- Write up daily recordings of resident’s care.
- Ensure that changes in residents’ needs are identified and recorded on the individual care plans.
Skills and experience required:
- Experience in Elderly care is essential
- NVQ Level 3 or above in Health and Social Care
- 2 years experience of working within a care home setting
- 2 years experience of working with residents living with dementia
- Demonstrate up to date knowledge of the Mental Capacity Act (2005) including understanding of Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DoLS) and Equality Act (2010) leglisation.
- Excellent care planning skills (assessment, creation and maintenance)
- Demonstrate a professional manner and appearance
- Demonstrate the ability to co-ordinate and motivate a team
- Demonstrate the ability to prioritise and handle emergency situations effectively
- Empathetic and a good listener
Opportunities to progress through our career paths into more senior and management roles
- Bank holiday enhancements
- 5.6 weeks annual leave per annum
- Paid DBS
- Uniform provided
- Paid training
- Refer a friend referral scheme
- Excellent induction programme for new starters
- A rewarding career with lots of opportunities to progress within the company
- Ongoing support and training for nationally recognised qualifications
- A competitive rate of pay
- Cycle to work scheme
- Wellbeing programmes
- Recognition awards – employee of the month and golden tickets
- Ongoing career development
- Travel plan – walk or ride a bike and get a free meal that day
- Christmas Bonuses
- HASTEE – access to your money as you earn (pay advance)
About New Care
The care philosophy of New Care aims to ensure all residents maintain the highest level of independence and achieve their full potential whatever that may be – physical, intellectual, emotional or social. We believe this philosophy can be achieved by providing professional, person- centred care, nurturing each resident individually exploring and understanding their needs. The health, well-being and happiness of our residents is always our number one priority.
New Care, as part of the McGoff group have been designing, building and operating care homes for over 10 years. Each New Care home is purpose built and expertly designed with the needs of our residents in mind. Internally the design is luxurious yet comfortable and practical.
The company ethos ‘To celebrate the wonder of people’ relates to all those who are part of the New Care family, residents, their family and friends, staff members and professional visitors. Ultimately we want residents to live their lives to the fullest and to be proud of their home and feel happy to invite their family and friends to visit.
This position is subject to a DBS checkApply Now