Employment Type: full time
Contract Type: permanent
Salary: £32000 Per year
Date Posted: 01/11/2022Apply Now
New Opportunity, New Career, New You; New Care!
Our stunning new home Bramhall Manor Care Centre, a purpose-built 71 bed care facility and is situated in the popular location of Bramhall Village, Stockport. The home meets all CQC requirements and provides the highest standards of safety, comfort and care to our residents. We invest in our homes to enhance the experience of our residents. This includes OOMPH an award winning activities and wellbeing programme. We have also introduced electronic medication administration records and electronic care planning in all of our homes. In addition, Bramhall Manor is our second home to have acoustic monitoring and silent nurse call installed. We have achieved a 5* EHO rating in October 21’. New Care has had a 0 agency usage for over 2 years as we employ a permanent staff team to ensure continuity of care to residents from staff that know them and that residents know and trust. Across New Care all of our staff are paid above national living wage.
We are seeking to appoint a kind, caring and experienced Home Trainer to join our team, you will be responsible for the following homes Bramhall Manor Care Centre, Stockport, SK7 2BW and Ashlands Manor Care Centre, Sale, M33 5PD. To coordinate all education, training and development needs required in the homes. We have a full time contract available with an excellent salary of £32,000.00! Working hours are normally 0900-1730 but we do require some flexibility in terms of hours worked, and place of work.
- Work with the Home Manager and all line managers and head of departments to identify learning and development needs throughout the home.
- Deliver, monitor and evaluate training and development programmes being undertaken in the Home to ensure they are meeting identified needs.
- Effectively maintain The Academy (our e learning system) to ensure the satisfactory completion of mandatory training and raise any issues with the Home Manager.
- Contribute to ensure New Care provides effective learning and development across the company by sharing good practice with other Home Trainers.
- Ensure that all staff are inducted effectively, delivering the Company’s face to face Induction programme and using the appropriate induction documentation and that reviews are carried out at the appropriate stages of the induction and introductory process.
- Work with our Apprenticeships provider to assist staff in gaining appropriate Vocational Qualifications.
- Take responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of adults that the post holder is responsible for or comes into contact with.
Skills and experience required:
- Experience in the health and social care sector essential
- Experience in the care home industry is essential
- Hold appropriate qualification – C&G 7300, 7303, 7304 or equivalent desirable
- Possess good understanding of Apprenticeships and VQs
- Must have a flexible approach to work in terms of hours and place of work
Opportunities to progress through our career paths into more senior and management roles
- Bank holiday and overtime enhancements
- 5.6 weeks annual leave per annum
- Paid DBS
- Uniform provided
- Paid training
- Refer a friend referral scheme
- Excellent induction programme for new starters
- A rewarding career with lots of opportunities to progress within the company
- Ongoing support and training for nationally recognised qualifications
- A competitive rate of pay
- Cycle to work scheme
- Wellbeing programmes
- Recognition awards – employee of the month and golden tickets
- Ongoing career development
- Travel plan – walk or ride a bike and get a free meal that day
- Christmas Bonuses
- Pension scheme
- HASTEE – access to your money as you earn (pay advance)
About New Care
The care philosophy of New Care aims to ensure all residents maintain the highest level of independence and achieve their full potential whatever that may be – physical, intellectual, emotional or social. We believe this philosophy can be achieved by providing professional, person- centred care, nurturing each resident individually exploring and understanding their needs. The health, well-being and happiness of our residents is always our number one priority.
New Care, as part of the McGoff group have been designing, building and operating care homes for over 10 years. Each New Care home is purpose built and expertly designed with the needs of our residents in mind. Internally the design is luxurious yet comfortable and practical.
The company ethos ‘To celebrate the wonder of people’ relates to all those who are part of the New Care family, residents, their family and friends, staff members and professional visitors. Ultimately we want residents to live their lives to the fullest and to be proud of their home and feel happy to invite their family and friends to visit.