Employment Type: Full Time
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: £26500 Per Year
Date Posted: 17/02/2023Apply Now
New Opportunity, New Career, New You; New Care!
Our stunning care home Bridgewater Manor is a purpose-built 71 bed care facility and is situated in the popular location of Worsley Village. The home provides the highest standards of safety, comfort and care to residents who have a variety of care needs including residential, nursing and dementia. We invest in the latest technology, and offer a purposeful programme of daily activity and gentle exercise to enhance the experience, care and wellbeing of our residents. All team members are hand selected for their warmth and passion, they have a full induction and ongoing training from our in house trainers in conjunction with the New Care Academy. New Care has had a 0 agency usage for over 2 years as we employ a permanent staff team to ensure continuity of care to residents from staff that know them and that residents know and trust. Across New Care all of our staff are paid above national living wage.
We are seeking to appoint a kind, caring and experienced Home Trainer to join our team, initially responsible for one home in Worsley, Salford and in 2023 your salary will increase to reflect that you will also be responsible for our home opening in Egerton, Bolton. You will be responsible for coordinating all education, training and development needs required in the home, working with a team of Home Trainers throughout New Care. We have a full time contract available with an excellent salary of £26,500.00! Working hours are normally 0900-1730 but we do require some flexibility in terms of hours worked, and place of work.
- Work with the Home Manager and all line managers and head of departments to identify learning and development needs throughout the home.
- Deliver, monitor and evaluate training and development programmes being undertaken in the Home to ensure they are meeting identified needs.
- Effectively maintain The Academy (our e learning system) to ensure the satisfactory completion of mandatory training and raise any issues with the Home Manager.
- Contribute to ensure New Care provides effective learning and development across the company by working with and sharing good practice with other Home Trainers led by our HR Manager.
- Ensure that all staff are inducted effectively, delivering the Company’s face to face Induction programme and using the appropriate induction documentation and that reviews are carried out at the appropriate stages of the induction and introductory process.
- Work with our Apprenticeship provider to assist staff in gaining appropriate Vocational Qualifications.
- Take responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of adults that the post holder is responsible for or comes into contact with.
Skills and experience required:
- Experience in the health and social care sector essential
- Experience in the care home industry is essential
- Hold appropriate qualification – C&G 7300, 7303, 7304 or equivalent desirable
- Possess good understanding of Apprenticeships and VQs
- Must have a flexible approach to work in terms of hours and place of work with the ability to travel to all our Homes in New Care
Opportunities to progress through our career paths into more senior and management roles
- Bank holiday and overtime enhancements when worked
- 5.6 weeks annual leave per annum
- Paid DBS
- Uniform provided
- Paid training
- Refer a friend referral scheme
- Excellent induction programme for new starters
- A rewarding career with lots of opportunities to progress within the company
- Ongoing support and training for nationally recognised qualifications
- A competitive rate of pay
- Cycle to work scheme
- Wellbeing programmes
- Recognition awards – employee of the month and golden tickets
- Ongoing career development
- Travel plan – walk or ride a bike and get a free meal that day
- Christmas Bonuses
- Pension scheme
- HASTEE – access to your money as you earn (pay advance)
About New Care
The care philosophy of New Care aims to ensure all residents maintain the highest level of independence and achieve their full potential whatever that may be – physical, intellectual, emotional or social. We believe this philosophy can be achieved by providing professional, person- centred care, nurturing each resident individually exploring and understanding their needs. The health, well-being and happiness of our residents is always our number one priority.
New Care, as part of the McGoff group have been designing, building and operating care homes for over 10 years. Each New Care home is purpose built and expertly designed with the needs of our residents in mind. Internally the design is luxurious yet comfortable and practical.
The company ethos ‘To celebrate the wonder of people’ relates to all those who are part of the New Care family, residents, their family and friends, staff members and professional visitors. Ultimately we want residents to live their lives to the fullest and to be proud of their home and feel happy to invite their family and friends to visit.