Employment Type: Full Time
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: £10.75 Per Hour
Date Posted: 16/03/2023Apply Now
New You, New Career, New Opportunity; New Care!
Our stunning new home Adel Manor is a purpose-built 74 bed care facility and is situated in the popular location of the northern suburb of Leeds, West Yorkshire. The home which opened in April‘22 will provide the highest standards of safety, comfort and care to residents who have a variety of care needs including residential, nursing and dementia. We invest in the latest technology, and offer a purposeful programme of daily activity and gentle exercise to enhance the experience, care and wellbeing of our residents. All team members are hand selected for their warmth and passion, they have a full induction and ongoing training from our in house trainers in conjunction with the New Care Academy. New Care has had a 0 agency usage for over 2 years as we employ a permanent staff team to ensure continuity of care to residents from staff that know them and that residents know and trust. Across New Care all of our staff are paid above national living wage.
We are seeking to appoint a kind, caring and motivated Hospitality Assistant to join our team on days, due to the success of the home with high demand for our beds. You will contribute to the efficient and effective running of the Care Home ensuring there is a provision of high standard of hospitality service. We have a part time contract available of 35 hours with an excellent hourly rate of £10.75 per hour ( as of 1st April 2023) paid for all staff regardless of their age! Shift times are 0800-1900 including alternate weekend working. You must be over 18 to apply.
- Ensure there is a provision of high standard of hospitality service.
- Support and assist visitors.
- Inform the Chef of any individual requirements of residents.
- Following cleaning schedules and procedures, as per company HACCP.
- To ensure that all training given is adhered to.
- Ensure records and reports are properly written up.
- Take responsible for promoting safeguarding the welfare of adults that the post holder is responsible for or comes into contact with.
Skills and experience required:
- Hospitality or catering experience is desirable.
- Previous experience working in a care setting is desirable.
- Ability to effectively communicate with other members of the team.
- Prepared to participate in the activities organised in the Home.
Opportunities to progress through our career paths into more senior and management roles
- Bank holiday and overtime enhancements
- 5.6 weeks annual leave per annum
- Paid DBS
- Uniform provided
- Paid training
- Refer a friend referral scheme
- Excellent induction programme for new starters
- A rewarding career with lots of opportunities to progress within the company
- Ongoing support and training for nationally recognised qualifications
- A competitive rate of pay
- Cycle to work scheme
- Wellbeing programmes
- Recognition awards – employee of the month and golden tickets
- Ongoing career development
- Travel plan – walk or ride a bike and get a free meal that day
- Christmas Bonuses
- Pension scheme
- HASTEE – access to your money as you earn (pay advance)
About New Care
The care philosophy of New Care aims to ensure all residents maintain the highest level of independence and achieve their full potential whatever that may be – physical, intellectual, emotional or social. We believe this philosophy can be achieved by providing professional, person- centred care, nurturing each resident individually exploring and understanding their needs. The health, well-being and happiness of our residents is always our number one priority.
New Care, as part of the McGoff group have been designing, building and operating care homes for over 10 years. Each New Care home is purpose built and expertly designed with the needs of our residents in mind. Internally the design is luxurious yet comfortable and practical.
The company ethos ‘To celebrate the wonder of people’ relates to all those who are part of the New Care family, residents, their family and friends, staff members and professional visitors. Ultimately we want residents to live their lives to the fullest and to be proud of their home and feel happy to invite their family and friends to visit.
This position is subject to a DBS check