Location: Lytham St Annes
Employment Type: Part Time
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: £10.50 Per Hour
Date Posted: 30/11/2023Apply Now
New Career, New You, New Opportunity; New Care!
Our stunning care home The Hamptons Care Centre is a purpose built care home facility in Lytham, St Annes. The home is registered to provide care to 76 residents who have a variety of care needs including residential, nursing and dementia residential. The Hamptons is rated OUTSTANDING in Caring and GOOD in all other domains by CQC. We provide the highest standards of safety, comfort and care to residents. We are in a great location and have a very good local reputation. New Care has had a 0 agency usage for over 3 years as we employ a permanent staff team to ensure continuity of care to residents from staff that know them and that residents know and trust. Across New Care all of our staff are paid above national living wage.
We are seeking to appoint a kind, caring and organised Hospitality Assistant to join our team. To ensure that residents and visitors to the Home receive an efficient food service, maintaining a clean working environment within the dining room and server at all times. We have a part time contract available with an excellent hourly rate of £10.50! Shift times are 0800-1830, with alternate weekend working.
- Ensure there is a provision of high standard of hospitality service.
- Support and assist visitors.
- Inform the Chef of any individual requirements of residents.
- Following cleaning schedules and procedures, as per company HACCP.
- To ensure that all training given is adhered to.
- Ensure records and reports are properly written up.
- Take responsible for promoting safeguarding the welfare of adults that the post holder is responsible for or comes into contact with.
Skills and experience required:
- Hospitality or catering experience is desirable.
- Previous experience working in a care setting is desirable.
- Ability to effectively communicate with other members of the team.
- Prepared to participate in the activities organised in the Home.
Opportunities to progress through our career paths into more senior and management roles
- Bank holiday and overtime enhancements
- 5.6 weeks annual leave per annum
- Paid DBS
- Uniform provided
- Paid training
- Refer a friend referral scheme, for the following roles only – Registered Nurse, Team Leader / Senior Care Assistant and Care Assistant
- Excellent induction programme for new starters
- A rewarding career with lots of opportunities to progress within the company
- Ongoing support and training for nationally recognised qualifications
- A competitive rate of pay
- Cycle to work scheme
- Wellbeing programmes
- Recognition awards – employee of the month and golden tickets
- Ongoing career development
- Travel plan – walk or ride a bike and get a free meal that day
- Christmas Bonuses
- Pension scheme
- HASTEE – access to your money as you earn (pay advance)
About New Care
The care philosophy of New Care aims to ensure all residents maintain the highest level of independence and achieve their full potential whatever that may be – physical, intellectual, emotional or social. We believe this philosophy can be achieved by providing professional, person- centred care, nurturing each resident individually exploring and understanding their needs. The health, well-being and happiness of our residents is always our number one priority.
New Care, as part of the McGoff group have been designing, building and operating care homes for over 10 years. Each New Care home is purpose built and expertly designed with the needs of our residents in mind. Internally the design is luxurious yet comfortable and practical.
The company ethos ‘To celebrate the wonder of people’ relates to all those who are part of the New Care family, residents, their family and friends, staff members and professional visitors. Ultimately we want residents to live their lives to the fullest and to be proud of their home and feel happy to invite their family and friends to visit.
This position is subject to a DBS check