Employment Type: Part Time
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: £10.50 Per Hour
Date Posted: 29/11/2023Apply Now
New Career, New You, New Opportunity; New Care!
Our stunning care home Formby Manor Care Centre, is a purpose built facility which is located in Formby, Merseyside. The home is registered to provide care to 76 residents who have a variety of needs including residential, nursing and dementia residential. The home reflects the New Care vision of providing the highest standards of safety, comfort and care. The home meets all CQC requirements and provides the highest of safety, comfort and care to residents who have variety of care needs including residential, nursing and dementia. We invest in our homes to enhance the experience of our residents. The includes OOMPH an award winning activities and wellbeing programme. We have also introduced electronic medication administration records and electronic in all of our homes. In addition, Formby Manor has acoustic monitoring and silent nurse call installed. New Care has had a 0 agency usage for over 3 years as we employ a permanent staff team to ensure continuity of care to residents from staff that know them and that residents know and trust. Across New Care all of our staff are paid above national living wage.
We are seeking to appoint a kind, motivated and organised Housekeeping and Laundry Assistant to join our team. To provide a high standard of cleanliness and hygiene within the Home is maintained to the highest level and within the New Care specification. We have a 0 hour BANK contract available with excellent hourly rate of £10.50! Shift times are 0800-1400, with alternate weekend working.
- Complete all daily and weekly cleaning schedules, and sign necessary paperwork.
- Follow all guidance from Head Housekeeper.
- To contribute to the achievement of the Home’s standards for Housekeeping.
- To undertake general cleaning tasks and follow and carry out any other cleaning duties as delegated by the Head Housekeeper.
- Carry our laundry duties when required.
- Ensure the working environment is free from hazards and be aware of the risks when using the equipment.
- Take responsible for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of adults that the post holder is responsible for or comes into contact with.
Skills and experience required:
- Previous non-domestic cleaning and experience of working in a care setting would be beneficial.
- Ability to operate cleaning equipment in the Home.
- Ability to follow simple written and verbal instructions and write basic comments.
- Communicate effectively with other team members.
- Display reliability and trustworthiness.
Opportunities to progress through our career paths into more senior and management roles
- Bank holiday and overtime enhancements
- 5.6 weeks annual leave per annum
- Paid DBS
- Uniform provided
- Paid training
- Refer a friend referral scheme, for the following roles only – Registered Nurse, Team Leader / Senior Care Assistant and Care Assistant
- Excellent induction programme for new starters
- A rewarding career with lots of opportunities to progress within the company
- Ongoing support and training for nationally recognised qualifications
- A competitive rate of pay
- Cycle to work scheme
- Wellbeing programmes
- Recognition awards – employee of the month and golden tickets
- Ongoing career development
- Travel plan – walk or ride a bike and get a free meal that day
- Christmas Bonuses
- Pension scheme
- HASTEE – access to your money as you earn (pay advance)
About New Care
The care philosophy of New Care aims to ensure all residents maintain the highest level of independence and achieve their full potential whatever that may be – physical, intellectual, emotional or social. We believe this philosophy can be achieved by providing professional, person- centred care, nurturing each resident individually exploring and understanding their needs. The health, well-being and happiness of our residents is always our number one priority.
New Care, as part of the McGoff group have been designing, building and operating care homes for over 10 years. Each New Care home is purpose built and expertly designed with the needs of our residents in mind. Internally the design is luxurious yet comfortable and practical.
The company ethos ‘To celebrate the wonder of people’ relates to all those who are part of the New Care family, residents, their family and friends, staff members and professional visitors. Ultimately we want residents to live their lives to the fullest and to be proud of their home and feel happy to invite their family and friends to visit.
This position is subject to a DBS check