Employment Type: Full Time
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: £12.45 Per Hour
Date Posted: 10/01/2023Apply Now
I Care, You Care, We Care; New Care!
Our stunning new home Bramhall Manor Care Centre, a purpose-built 71 bed care facility and is situated in the popular location of Bramhall Village, Stockport. The home meets all CQC requirements and provides the highest standards of safety, comfort and care to our residents. We invest in our homes to enhance the experience of our residents. This includes OOMPH an award winning activities and wellbeing programme. We have also introduced electronic medication administration records and electronic care planning in all of our homes. In addition, Bramhall Manor is our second home to have acoustic monitoring and silent nurse call installed. We have achieved a 5* EHO rating in October 21’. New Care has had a 0 agency usage for over 2 years as we employ a permanent staff team to ensure continuity of care to residents from staff that know them and that residents know and trust. Across New Care all of our staff are paid above national living wage.
At Bramhall Manor Care Centre we offer intermediate care in association with the NHS. Residents move to Bramhall Manor for a short period of rehabilitation following a stay in hospital. The team at Bramhall Manor work closely with the therapy team and find the work exceptionally rewarding.
We are seeking to appoint a experienced and motivated Team Leader to join our team on nights. You will support the Home Manager, Deputy Manager and Clinical Leads in providing leadership to the care team and effective 24-hour management of the home within the available resources. We have one full time contract available (3 shifts one week, followed by 4 shifts the following week) with a competitive salary of £12.45 per hour, paid for all staff regardless of age. Shift times are 1945-0800 with paid handover and alternate weekend working. You must have a NVQ Level 2 or above with medication management and administration experience.
- Promote the highest standard of person centred clinical nursing care to residents.
- Manage, allocate duties and supervise the care team ensuring a quality delivery of care for the duration of the shift.
- To be a role model and demonstrate person centred care delivery.
- Take responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of adults that you are responsible for or come into contact with.
- Manage the delivery of residents personalised care according to their agreed plan of care for the duration of a shift.
- Promote professional standards within the home supporting the Deputy and Home Manager.
- Provide supervision, coaching and assessment to Care Assistants.
- Ensure effective assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of resident care through written care plans.
- Maintain correctly written records as required by the company and regulatory bodies.
- Manage daily rotas and delegate daily workload ensuring sufficient and safe use of manpower.
- Ensure that all new admission files are completed within the week of arrival and the named nurse, senior carer and key worker must all contribute to completing the file
- Build relationships with external professionals
- Assist the home manager to carry out regular quality audits of care plans
Skills and experience required:
- Medication management and administration experience is essential to apply for this role.
- Ideally a minimum of 12 months’ experience at Care Assistant level in a care environment.
- Experience working with older people.
- NVQ Level 3 in Social Care or equivalent.
- Evidence of the ability to contribute to the assessment, planning and evaluation of the care needs of older people.
- Demonstrate a sound knowledge of the 6 principles of care and how they should underpin delivery of care in a residential/Nursing setting.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate self-motivation and confidence.
- Electronic medication experience desirable (EMAR)
Opportunities to progress through our career paths into more senior and management roles
- Bank holiday enhancements
- 5.6 weeks annual leave per annum
- Paid DBS
- Uniform provided
- Paid training
- Refer a friend referral scheme
- Excellent induction programme for new starters
- A rewarding career with lots of opportunities to progress within the company
- Ongoing support and training for nationally recognised qualifications
- A competitive rate of pay
- Cycle to work scheme
- Wellbeing programmes
- Recognition awards – employee of the month and golden tickets
- Ongoing career development
- Travel plan – walk or ride a bike and get a free meal that day
- Christmas Bonuses
- Pension scheme
- HASTEE – access to your money as you earn (pay advance)
About New Care
The care philosophy of New Care aims to ensure all residents maintain the highest level of independence and achieve their full potential whatever that may be – physical, intellectual, emotional or social. We believe this philosophy can be achieved by providing professional, person- centred care, nurturing each resident individually exploring and understanding their needs. The health, well-being and happiness of our residents is always our number one priority.
New Care, as part of the McGoff group have been designing, building and operating care homes for over 10 years. Each New Care home is purpose built and expertly designed with the needs of our residents in mind. Internally the design is luxurious yet comfortable and practical.
The company ethos ‘To celebrate the wonder of people’ relates to all those who are part of the New Care family, residents, their family and friends, staff members and professional visitors. Ultimately we want residents to live their lives to the fullest and to be proud of their home and feel happy to invite their family and friends to visit.