Employment Type: Part Time
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: £10.00 Per Hour
Date Posted: 05/12/2022Apply Now
New Opportunity, New You, New Career; New Care!
Our stunning care home Ruddington Manor Care Centre is a purpose built care home facility in Wilford, Nottingham. The home is registered to provide care to 66 residents who have a variety of care needs including residential, nursing and dementia residential. Ruddington Manor is rated GOOD in all domains by CQC and has a 5* EHO rating. We provide the highest standards of safety, comfort and care to residents. We are in a great location and have a very good local reputation. New Care has had a 0 agency usage for over 18 months as we employ a permanent staff team to ensure continuity of care to residents from staff that know them and that residents know and trust. Across New Care all of our staff are paid above national living wage.
We are seeking to appoint a kind, caring and motivated Wellbeing (Activities) Assistant to join our team. To contribute to the creation of a caring and inclusive culture around therapeutic activities in the home. To deliver and support Wellbeing Coordinator in developing a programme that has a whole team approach and forms a core part of the offering in the home. We have a 22.5 hours contracts available with a competitive salary of £10.00 per hour paid for all staff regardless of their age! Shift times are 0900-1700, 3 days per week with alternate weekend working.
- Contribute to the creation of ongoing weekly activity programmes that ensure a wide range of opportunities are available to stimulate the physical, mental and emotional wellbeing of all residents.
- Provide an innovative programme so that residents can achieve extraordinary things, with their capabilities.
- Motivate and guide other members of staff in the home to incorporate wellbeing and activity into their role wherever possible, with support and direction from the Wellbeing Coordinator.
- Be familiar with a resident’s life story and Wellbeing and Activity plan for each residents and contribute to that plan and that it is regularly reviewed.
- Ensure adequate and up to date risk assessments are in place for all events and activities planned and undertaken in liaison with the Wellbeing Coordinator.
- Understand the needs of people with the various conditions residents have in the home.
- Take responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of adults that the post holder is responsible for or comes into contact with.
Skills and experience required:
- Experience of working with older people is essential.
- Experience of delivering an activity programme is essential.
- Evidence of the ability to assess, plan and evaluate the activity needs of older people is essential.
- The ability to work individually and in a team is essential.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills are essential
- Demonstrate the ability to prioritise and handle emergency situations effectively.
- Be creative, imaginative and enthusiastic and have the ability to forward plan.
- Opportunities to progress through our career paths into more senior and management roles
- Bank holiday enhancements
- 5.6 weeks annual leave per annum
- Paid DBS
- Uniform provided
- Paid training
- Refer a friend referral scheme
- Excellent induction programme for new starters
- A rewarding career with lots of opportunities to progress within the company
- Ongoing support and training for nationally recognised qualifications
- A competitive rate of pay
- Cycle to work scheme
- Wellbeing programmes
- Recognition awards – employee of the month and golden tickets
- Ongoing career development
- Travel plan – walk or ride a bike and get a free meal that day
- Christmas Bonuses
- Pension scheme
- HASTEE – access to your money as you earn (pay advance)
About New Care
The care philosophy of New Care aims to ensure all residents maintain the highest level of independence and achieve their full potential whatever that may be – physical, intellectual, emotional or social. We believe this philosophy can be achieved by providing professional, person- centred care, nurturing each resident individually exploring and understanding their needs. The health, well-being and happiness of our residents is always our number one priority.
New Care, as part of the McGoff group have been designing, building and operating care homes for over 10 years. Each New Care home is purpose built and expertly designed with the needs of our residents in mind. Internally the design is luxurious yet comfortable and practical.
The company ethos ‘To celebrate the wonder of people’ relates to all those who are part of the New Care family, residents, their family and friends, staff members and professional visitors. Ultimately we want residents to live their lives to the fullest and to be proud of their home and feel happy to invite their family and friends to visit.